Log in

No account? Create an account
30 April 2003 @ 07:11 am
Apparently, when you put a cup of oatmeal in the microwave for 10 minutes instead of 1, the oatmeal just expands to a point of bubbling over the rim. It doesn't seem to explode all over the entire microwave - just the cup it's in and the surrounding microwave base.

Worth noting - this is not an easy cup to clean. The oatmeal is very hot when removed from the microwave, and dries onto the cup very quickly. Recommended steps: Get what you can gone with a paper towel initially, then (if concerned about the cup cracking and shattering) wait for the whole thing to cool. Then soak in water until the oatmeal is pliable, and remove the rest with a towel of cloth or paper.
some guy: wary unblinking blue guyself on April 30th, 2003 02:42 pm (UTC)
...or were we talking about something else?
Cabin Boycabinboy on May 2nd, 2003 01:48 am (UTC)
Reminds me of something my father did. Bacon is better for you if you cook it in the microwave, since it doesn't cook in it's own fat. Following that logic, my dad decided that the more you cook it, the less fat there would be.

A cracked plate, three black strips of charcoal and 20 minutes later, we found a flaw in his reasoning.